Fiu, Cirminiello, Mitchell on TV - Campus Insiders |
Buy College Football Tickets
2011 Rose Bowl S.O.C. Notes - 4th Quarter
TCU LB Tank Carder
Wisconsin imposed its will late in the game with John Clay rumbling on a brutal scoring drive, but Tank Carder came up with the tipped pass on the two point conversion to save the game and give the Horned Frogs the Rose Bowl win. Check out the fourth quarter Stream of Consciousness Notes for the 2011 Rose Bowl.
2011 Rose Bowl - 4th Quarter
Rose Bowl SOC Notes - Pregame
Rose Bowl SOC Notes - 1st Quarter
Rose Bowl SOC Notes - 2nd Quarter
Rose Bowl SOC Notes - 3rd Quarter
Rose Bowl SOC Notes - 4th Quarter
TCU on its own 49
- The Badgers need to get pressure on
Dalton. After three quarters, the linebackers aren't
making the right decisions on the short passes.
- That's what TCU can't do. Penalties could be the
one thing that slows this down.
- ANOTHER new look for the TCU offense. The Pistol
formation didn't work, but the coaching staff is
mixing it up extremely well.
- That was almost the break the Badgers needed.
Dalton made a wrong read, and Conor O'Neill would've
had the pick if he didn't get hit by his own man.
- The Badgers can't get a break on field position.
TCU P Anson Kelton is having a special game.
Wisconsin on its own 10
- There's still 13:13 left. This is
when Wisconsin has start pounding and pounding some
more to see if TCU's defensive front is getting worn
down. This should be John Clay time.
- And it is. Here comes the rested and ready hammer.
- Kendricks is back in.
- Tolzien is taking a beating. He keeps getting up
without a problem, but he's taking some monster
- 3rd and ten deep in his own territory, Tolzien
can't take any chances.
- He gets time and he finds David Gilreath for the
first down. Great throw.
- The deep ball isn't there because the TCU corners
are all over the patterns. Gilreath couldn't get
- Tolzien might be deadly accurate, but why are the
Badgers throwing it? The ground game wasn't being
stopped cold, and now it's 3rd and ten.
- Three throws, and that's the drive. That's
inexcusable for an offense that can run like this.
TCU on its own 27
- Ed Wesley is out.
- Busted play and Wisconsin pounces. With the way
the defense is playing, there's no reason to take
- 3rd and 8, this is UW's chance to finally get
decent field position.
- And Dalton puts an end to that. No pass rush,
Dalton gets a lane, and he has an easy pitch and
catch to Kerley.
- TCU can grind out a little bit of clock now.
- But the Badger defense makes two big plays and
forces a punt. With just over seven minutes left,
Wisconsin has to bring the A material or TCU is
going to grind it out.
Wisconsin on its own 23
- Clay just ran like a back who has
been missing carrying the ball for the last two
months. The Badger offensive line is coming up with
some serious hits.
- And there goes Clay on a 30-yard dash into the
open field. This is the drive when the UW offense is
saying enough is enough.
- Disastrous. Just as the offense is on a roll and
the TCU D is on its heels, Wisconsin has to take a
- Huge fan of the Verizon ad remix of Bust a Move.
- Running wide on TCU hasn't worked all day. What
would the Badgers try now?
- 3rd and 6. TCU, don't get caught napping against
- Tolzien hooks up with Kendricks for the first
down, and the Badgers caught a bit of a break as
Gilreath comes up with a block in the back that
should've been called. The penalty breaks have no
- It almost seems like there's a bit more energy
when Clay is in.
- The Badgers need to hurry this up a bit. They
still need to go for two even if they score, and
with just one time out left and under four minutes
to play, TCU will end this if it has the ball with a
two point lead.
- 1st and goal, watch out for Kendricks.
- With 2:40 to play, if UW doesn't get a TD and the
two, then it's onside kick time.
- Ball comes in with fresh legs for a slippery two
point conversion with two minutes to play. Now, do
you put Clay in to give TCU the thought of a running
- Tank Carder bats down the ball. If he doesn't
Tolzien had a wide open target for two. Now it all
comes down to an onside kick.
- There are a lot of people out there who have no
problems with Wisconsin being down by fewer than 2.5
TCU 21 ... Wisconsin 19
TCU on the Wisconsin 45
- It never had a chance. The ball
popped up way too far and the Badgers didn't get a
- And thus ends the Big Ten's all-timer of a
- Wisconsin uses its final timeout with 1:52 to
play. At best, Wisconsin will probably have the ball
inside its 20 with about 25 seconds to play.
- No, no, NO! Brent, TCU isn't a "little guy," at
least as far as a football program.
- In a game that was supposed to feature the best
offensive line in the country, Wisconsin's, it was
TCU's offensive line that blasted away on 3rd and
four for the first down and the Rose Bowl.
- No, TCU isn't going to be in the national title
discussion. If it had blown away the Badgers, it
would've been different.
FINAL SCORE: TCU 21 ... Wisconsin 19