Spring 2011 - Key
What's happening this spring season? Several Scout
publishers provide their insider info on the key
questions that matter to the real world of college
football. Scroll down for the links to all the
Q: Is it Robert Marve’s starting job if his knee healthy? Who’s the next great Purdue pass rusher going to be?
From Allen Trieu, BoilerSportsReport.com … Even if Marve's knee is healthy, I think he'll still have to earn his way back. Sean Robinson was a good recruit for them who got some time last year and took his freshman lumps. I think Robinson will issue some challenge. Then there's Rob Henry, who's more athlete, but he's the team's leading returning rusher and passer.
Next great pass rusher, that's up in the air. There aren't a lot of proven bodies at end. I think 6-5 redshirt freshman Rashad Frazier has a chance, and there are two freshmen coming in, Robert Kugler, who was a four-star recruit and Randy Gregory, who put up 17 sacks as a high school junior, that fit the mold of past Purdue greats at the position.
One big thing, well, other than the quarterback battle, how does RB Ralph Bolden rebound from his knee injury? If he's back to the old Bolden, that would be a tremendous boost for the offense. I think the defense will still be pretty good, and if Bolden can help them put some points on the board, they're a sleeper team.
- Can Oklahoma State Still Rock Without Holgorsen?
- Will Navy Throw Even Less Without Ricky Dobbs?
- How Is Maryland Different Under Randy Edsall?
- How Is Cincinnati Different In Butch Jones, Year 2?
- Will Idaho Finally Have A Defense?
- Are The Tennessee Lines Going To Be Better?
- And The Notre Dame QB Will Be … ?
- Is Fresno State Going To Keep Running?
- Will Louisiana Tech Be The New Texas Tech?
- Have The Ugly Bowl Losses Affected Arizona?
- Is Michigan’s Brady Hoke Starting From Scratch?
- Is QB Jordan Wynn Ready To Run The Utah Attack?
Illinois QB Nathan Scheelhaase Throw More?
Boise State's Move To The Mountain West Matter?
Have Things Changed At Colorado Under Jon Embree?
California's Next Superstar?
Florida State's E.J. Manuel Ready?