2012 BCS Championship
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - Pregame
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 1st Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 2nd Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 3rd Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 4th Quarter
BCS Championship SOC Notes - Auburn vs. Oregon
BCS Championship SOC Notes - Texas vs. Alabama
BCS Championship SOC Notes - Oklahoma vs. Florida
BCS Championship SOC Notes - LSU vs. Ohio State
BCS Championship SOC Notes - Florida vs. Ohio State
2012 BCS Championship Preview
2012 BCS Champ. Preview Part 2 - Top
Players & Picks
Final Thoughts on the BCS
Championship - Fiu & Rich
Final Thoughts on the BCS
CFN 2012 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP POSITION BREAKDOWN
| Receivers |
Def Lines |
Spec Teams |
Alabama on its own 32
- Tyrann Mathieu is getting abused.
Obviously, AJ McCarron thinks he has an advantage
every time he gets a one-on-one matchup.
- Kenny Bell rips it up the right sideline, and that
might be the national title. LSU's defense got
burned on two straight plays and doesn't seem to
have anything new coming out of the locker room.
- The halftime didn't cool off McCarron.
- THAT WAS IT. McCarron's pass was deflected by
Bennie Logan and almost picked off. That was the
type of play LSU always makes.
- Ball game. Jeremy Shelley nails another field
- Alright, LSU. If you have something in the bag
offensively, now's the time to show it.
Alabama 12 ... LSU 0
LLSU on its own 22
- Odell Beckham is open, but Jordan Jefferson
doesn't drive his throw and it gets broken up.
- The Tigers go back to the same play and Jefferson
hits it. Basically, LSU is going to get Jefferson
- Courtney Upshaw just made 32 NFL defensive
coordinators plotz. He killed LSU's promising drive
by flying into the backfield to sack Jefferson.
Alabama on its own 17
- LSU got nailed with a strange
personal foul call. Apparently it really was a fair
- But it doesn't matter. As long as AJ McCarron is
getting ten days to throw, and as long as he's as
hot as he is, it doesn't matter where the Tide is on
- But he blew that one. Darius Hanks was wide open
down the sideline, and McCarron missed him for a
- The LSU secondary is being abused. That's the one
area of this game that seemed like the Tigers would
have a huge advantage.
LSU on its own 20
- Jordan Jefferson is doing an AWFUL job of running the option, but what beats the option? Great linebacker play.
- Jefferson tries a bizarre shovel pass after he
looks like he's about to take off. Spencer Ware
turned around to block, and C.J. Mosley picked it
- With 6:50 to play, Alabama is your 2012 BCS
- If you think Jarrett Lee is the answer in this game, you shouldn't be asking the question.
Alabama on the LSU 28
- Time to take the air out of the
ball. Welcome to the No. 3 show.
- Jarrett Lee is stretching on the sidelines like Billy Hoyle.
- And there's the first break. Jeremy Shelley misses
the field goal, pushing the 41-yarder to the right.
- LSU's defense saves the LSU offense.
LSU on its own 23
- They're not booing. They're saying we don't really
want Jordan Jefferson to come back out and suck.
- LSU is 0-for-6 on third downs ...
- Oh no. ... As we speak, Tom Rinaldi is busy creating emotional exploitation pieces on how this win will heal Tuscaloosa.
Alabama on its own 49
- It's 10:$5 EST. If I'm Allstate, I
ask for a makegood after losing half the country by
- Seriously, we're going to go two straight games
between these two without a touchdown.
- Eric Reid comes through with another big play. He
knocks the ball loose from Brandon Gibson at the
- We almost had a touchdown. We can dream.
- That Eric Reid play in the first game didn't really matter. There still would've been a rematch.
- Yippee! Another field goal attempt!
- Give it up, though. Jeremy Shelley nailed a
Alabama 15 ... LSU 0
LSU on its own 21
- Jefferson STILL in.
- Freddie Bauer: "When something works for me, I
stick with it."
Third Quarter Score: Alabama 15 ... LSU 0