Spring 2012 - Key
What's happening this spring season? Several FSN publishers provide
their insider info on the key questions that matter to the real world of
college football. Scroll down for the links to all the spring questions.
Q: What's the biggest change so far under Tim Beckman compared to the Ron Zook era?
A: From Jack Tuttle, http://illinois.scout.com … The offense is being converted from primarily a pro-style attack to a spread offense. The first year or two may be a blend of multiple concepts as the new coaching staff matches offensive philosophy with available personnel.
Q: Who's the next great Illinois defensive lineman?
A: Senior defensive end Michael Buchanan was overshadowed by Whitney Mercilus last season, but he is having his best spring yet and is expected to have a great final season.
Q: What's the biggest insider storyline from this spring that the average fan should know about?
A: The Illini players are excited about the new coaching staff and are especially thrilled with the up-tempo approach to the offense. They are far more confident and determined than one might expect from a team that lost its final six regular season games.
- Is The Nevin Shapiro Case Affecting Miami?
- How Is UCLA Different So Far Under Jim Mora?
- Will Florida State Finally Turn The Corner?
- Will Rutgers Be Better Without Greg Schiano?
- Will The Alabama Defense Be As Good As 2011?
- Can Boise State Go On Without Kellen Moore?
- Who Are Northwestern's New Offensive Weapons?
- Is Clemson Over The Orange Bowl Disaster?
- Who's The Next Great Illinois D Lineman?
- What's Changing At ASU Under Gus Malzahn?