2013 BCS Championship
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - Pregame
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 1st Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 2nd Quarter
2013 BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 3rd Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 4th Quarter
- Okay, Notre Dame. Take the ball and score. Make it slightly interesting.
Notre Dame on its own 20
- The Irish coming out hot. Everett Golson is attacking Dee Milliner. That won’t work for too long.
- What did Brian Kelly say? Who is this Irish team?
- I want ND to punch this drive into the end zone just to see Nick Saban blow his stack on the sideline.
- HaHa Clinton Dix makes a brilliant interception because Notre Dame moronically continues to challenge Milliner.
- Herbstreit sort of just says the same thing.
Alabama on its own 3
- Why not keep rolling with what worked? Left side … left side … left side.
- And so the Eddie Lacy Heisman campaign begins.
- Or the statement that he should be a first rounder.
- Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Left side … left side … left side.
- The Irish already lost Kapron Lewis-Moore, and now Louis Nix is down. This is getting worse and worse.
- He walked off. Alabama’s offensive line is going to do even more.
- Yeldon. Left side … left side … left side …
- The interception was devastating. It was if the Irish had the right frame of mind, it came out playing well, and then the balloon went pffffffft.
- Nix is back in the game.
- 7:47 to go in the third. There’s absolutely no excuse to wait this long to show the Alabama baton girl types.
- Amari Cooper wide open for a touchdown. The Irish male cheerleader argued with the ref about whether or not Cooper stayed in bounds. As always, the male cheerleader was misguided.
Alabama 35, Notre Dame 0
Notre Dame on its own 20
- THERE’S STILL SEVEN MINUTES TO PLAY.
- Golson still in firing. It’s learning experience time.
- This is a very, very, very different Alabama team now that it’s healthy. This isn’t the team that was so mediocre in the final month of the year.
- Bama rushed four against Johnny Manziel. It’s rushing five tonight. They fixed the glitch.
- Now there’s a play. Golson scrambles around, buys time, and hits TJ Jones for 31 yards on a 3rd-and-16. But he wasn’t in …
- It wasn’t challenged. No one cares. Life goes on.
- Bama with a roughing the passer penalty. Oh no … the wheels are coming off. Notre Dame might actually score.
- There’s no chance Notre Dame will score a touchdown here. None.
- First down. Golson air mails it out of the end zone.
- Second down. Complete to Jones down to the two on a great catch. Notre Dame finally figures out that going at Milliner might not be such a great idea.
- No running on the inside against Jesse Williams. The stats won’t show it, but he has owned the interior.
- TOUCHDOWN!!! Huzzah! Huzzah!
- Golson works down the line and sneaks in.
- Nice job of fighting, Irish. They’re still playing.
Alabama 35, Notre Dame 7
Alabama on its own 13
- Brent is trying SO hard to make it seem like the Irish are just this close to making it a ballgame.
- And then the Alabama offensive line does what the Alabama offensive line does.
- The Tide have the game in hand, but they’re making a lot of little mistakes now.
- So how does the offense overcome the mistake? How about running the ball for a first down?
- Seriously, Notre Dame … TACKLE.
- Oh yeah, and after Yeldon handles the work, in comes a fresh Eddie Lacy.
- This is an absolute clinic by the Bama front five.
- AGAIN. Te’o has Lacy dead behind the line, and whiffs.
- McCarron is throwing darts. He smokes one on the run through a tire to Amari Cooper.
- Mercifully, the Alabama running game is keeping the clock moving.
THIRD QUARTER: Alabama 35, Notre Dame 7