2013 BCS Championship
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - Pregame
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 1st Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 2nd Quarter
2013 BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 3rd Quarter
BCS Champ. SOC Notes - 4th Quarter
- Nick Saban gets $200,000 for winning the BCS title. What does the offensive line get?
- Notre Dame finally stops the running game. That's because Lacy slipped and fell down.
- Another third down conversion. AJ McCarron isn't missing.
- Amari Cooper JUST misses on the deep ball. The 40-yard touchdown pass just slips off his hands.
- 3rd-and-4. Left side … left side … left side … one Eddie Lacy jump cut, and first down.
- Cooper doesn't misfire on this one. McCarron tattoos him in the middle of the 9 for a score. Nice answer for the Notre Dame score just to flex a little bit of muscle.
Alabama 42, Notre Dame 7
Notre Dame on its own 26
- Oh no, ESPN. Oh no … jumping the gun a bit calling Nick Saban a three-time BCS champion coach. There's still 11 minutes left! Apparently, Bristol didn't get the memo that this is an Irish team of destiny.
- They're talking about preseason top five already.
- We're way overdue for the customary shot of the dorky face-painted fan for the losing team with the 1,000-yard stare.
- Jesse Williams down. I know Nick Saban is still going to coach to the final gun, but there's no reason for Williams to be in at this point.
- Golson still gunning. The Irish are still playing hard. Not to go schmaltzy coach, but this is a nice character builder for next year.
- Please, Saban. Don't spend the postgame grousing about how your team didn't close sharp.
- Golson to Theo Riddick for a touchdown. And there's much rejoicing.
- Yippee! Notre Dame sucks a little less!
Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14
Alabama on its own 24
- NICE. Barrett Jones shoves a red-hot AJ McCarron after not getting the snap off.
- NIIIIIIICCCE. Saban is going off about something.
- Brent on the Jones-McCarron kitten fight: "A lover's quarrel." You've got to love the Real Housewives of Tuscaloosa.
- Six minutes away from another national title and you just know that Saban isn't enjoying any aspect of this sloppy finish.
Notre Dame on its own 34
- The intensity has been dialed back up for the Alabama defense. The defensive line is attacking a bit more now.
- Notre Dame punting away. It proved it wasn't going to go down meekly, and now it's time to go home.
Alabama on its own 32
- Yeldon … STAY IN BOUNDS
- Eddie Lacy is the offensive MVP … It should go to all five offensive linemen.
Notre Dame on its own 25
- Just take a knee. Don't let anyone get a dumb injury now.
- There we go. Not that I care that much, but Saban is smiling like he realized that this is truly special.
FINAL SCORE: Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14