2013 Sun Belt Week 14
Week 14 Conference Roundup
Want more college football talk? For
more breakdowns and analysis, go to CampusInsiders.com
Arkansas State …
at WKU 34, Arkansas State 31
Basically … Willie McNeal caught a two-yard touchdown pass with ten seconds to play to give the Hilltoppers the win in a back-and-forth game. WKU got up 20-7 helped by Brandon Doughty touchdown passes, but ASU roared back with 17 straight points on two Fredi Knighten touchdown runs and a 45-yard Brian Davis field goal but WKU got back on track with a two-yard Antonio Andrews touchdown dash late in the third. The Red Wolves got a six-yard touchdown catch from Julian Jones to get the lead back, but WKU took over late for the win.
- Arkansas State committed ten penalties for 78 yards, WKU committed seven for 56 yards.
- WKU RB Antonio Andrews ran 20 times for 119 yards and a score, and he caught four passes for 58 yards.
- Arkansas State RB Michael Gordon ran 19 times for 132 yards.
- WKU QB Brandon Doughty completed 21-of-37 passes for 255 yards and three scores.
Georgia State … South Alabama
South Alabama 38, at Georgia State 17
Basically … South Alabama kept its bowl dream alive getting up 41-3 with Jay Jones running for two scores and Ross Metheny hitting Shavarez Smith on a 37-yard touchdown pass. Georgia State got one-yard touchdown runs from Ronnie Bell and Sean Jeppesen late, but USA had total control.
- Georgia State turned it over three times and failed to convert on ten third down chances.
- South Alabama RB Joey Jones ran 17 times for 102 yards and two scores.
- South Alabama WR Shavarez Smith caught ten passes for 194 yards and a sore.
- Georgia State QB Ronnie Bell completed 17-of-34 passes for 321 yards and a pick.
ULM 38, at Louisiana-Lafayette 31
Basically … ULM stunned ULL in the rivalry game, getting two touchdown passes from Kolton Browning and a 77-yard DeVontae McNeal touchdown run. The Warhawks owned the second half with 17 straight points to pull ahead for good. The Ragin’ Cajuns got up 14-0 early but three picks proved costly and it was too little too late with Jamal Robinson catching a 25-yard touchdown pass in the final minute.
- ULM QB Kolton Browning completed 18-of-28 passes for 247 yards and two scores, and he ran seven times for 36 yards.
- ULL QB Terrance Broadway completed 13-of-27 passes for 178 yards and a score with three picks, and he ran ten times for 43 yards and a score. Brooks Haack completed 10-of-14 passes for 126 yards and a touchdown.
- ULM WR Rashon Ceaser caught six passes for 110 yards and a score.
- ULL RB Elijah McGuire ran 14 times for 119 yards and a score.
Texas State …
at Troy 42, Texas State 28
Basically … Troy became bowl eligible as Deon Anthony threw two touchdown passes and Jordan Chunn ran for two one-yard scores on the way to a 35-14 lead. Texas State scored first on a seven-yard Ryan Carden touchdown catch, and quarterback Duke DeLancellotti ran for two short scores, but Troy took the lead midway through the second quarter and put it away on a 25-yard Chandler Worthy catch.
- Troy QB Deon Anthony completed 4-of-5 passes for 164 yards and two scores, and Corey Robinson completed 17-of-22 passes for 133 yards and a touchdown.
- The two teams combined for 17 penalties
- Troy RB Jordan Chunn ran 13 times for 83 yards and two scores.
- Texas State QB Duke DeLancellotti completed 11-of-31 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns with a pick, and ran 17 times for 72 yards and two scores.