Fiu, Cirminiello, Mitchell on TV - Campus Insiders |
Buy College Football Tickets
Mountain West Week 14 Roundup & Breakdown
2013 Mountain West Fearless Predictions, Game Stories, Game of the Week, Player of the Week, Roundup & Standings
2013 M-West Week 14
Week 14 Conference Roundup
Want more college football talk? For
more breakdowns and analysis, go to CampusInsiders.com
Air Force …
at Colorado State 58, Air Force 13
Basically … A banged up Kapri Bibbs played, scoring three times and Garrett Grayson threw three touchdown passes as Colorado State scored the first 58 points of the game and coasted in the fourth. Rashard Higgins scored on touchdown catches from 23 and 19 yards away, and Jordon Vaden scored on a 49-yard play in the blowout to make the Rams bowl eligible.
- Colorado State outgained Air Force 629 yards to 279.
- Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson completed 26-of-34 passes for 395 yards and three scores, and he ran four times for 26 yards and a touchdown.
- Air Force QB Nick Romine completed 7-of-13 passes for 69 yards.
- Colorado State RB Kapri Bibbs ran 16 times for 79 yards and three scores.
Boise State …
at Boise State 45, New Mexico 17
Basically … Boise State overcame a massive day from the New Mexico running game with Grant Hedrick throwing three touchdown passes. Matt Miller caught a one-yard touchdown pass from Joe Southwick, and caught scoring passes from 24 and 13 yards away in the fourth. New Mexico tied it at seven with an 18-yard Crusoe Gongbay run, but it was all Boise State the rest of the way.
- Boise State RB Jay Ajayi ran 22 times for 147 yards and a score, and he caught four passes for 105 yards and a touchdown
- New Mexico ran 53 times for 300 yards and two scores with Crusoe Gongbay running 12 times for 77 yards and a score.
- Four different New Mexico players combined to completed 10-of-17 passes for 62 yards with a pick.
- Boise State WR Matt Miller caught nine times for 111 yards and three scores.
Fresno State … San Jose State
at San Jose State 62, Fresno State 52
Basically … Fresno State’s BCS bowl dreams were dashed, and San Jose State became bowl eligible, as David Fales won the duel of big-time quarterbacks throwing for 547 yards and six touchdowns with three to Chandler Jones and two to Kyle Nunn, but Carr was on fire, too, throwing for six scores with three to Davante Adams. It was a seesaw game up until late in the third when the Spartans, helped by the lone interception of the game coming from Keith Smith, took control with two Austin Lopez field goals and a Fales sneak for a score on the way to a 62-44 lead.
- San Jose State QB David Fales completed 37-of-45 passes for 547 yards and six scores, and he ran for 33 yards and a touchdown. Fresno State QB David Carr completed 38-of-50 passes for 519 yards and six touchdowns with a pick.
- Fresno State WR Davante Adams caught 13 passes for 264 yards and three touchdowns. Isaiah Burse caught ten balls for 96 yards and a touchdown.
- San Jose State WR Tyler Winston caught ten passes for 164 yards and a score, and Kyle Nunn caught ten passes for 160 yards and two touchdowns. Chandler Jones caught eight balls for 146 yards and three scores.
- Time of possession: San Jose State 39:23 – Fresno State 20:37
at Hawaii 49, Army 42
Basically … Hawaii won its first game of the year with Sean Schroeder throwing three touchdown passes and running for a six-yard score for a late lead, and then the D held on. Army QB A.J. Schurr ran for four second half touchdowns and scores on a two-yard run with 2:30 to play, but the Warriors closed out. Hawaii took a 28-7 lead going into halftime on a one-yard pass from RB Joey Iosefa to Harold Moleni, but Army and A.J. Schurr went off as the offense scored 21 straight until Iosefa scored on an eight-yard run to turn the momentum the other way.
- Hawaii outgained Army 608 yards to 406.
- Army QB A.J. Schurr completed 5-of-10 passes for 122 yards, and he ran 15 times for 47 yards and four scores.
- Hawaii RB Joey Iosefa ran 28 times for 154 yards and a score, and he threw a one-yard touchdown pass.
- Hawaii QB Sean Schroeder completed 23-of-33 passes for 332 yards and three scores with a pick and he ran for a score.
BYU 28, at Nevada 23
Basically … Shut out in the first half, BYU roared back as Jamaal Williams ran for a 66-yard score and Taysom Hill threw two touchdown passes and ran for a 35-yard score as the team fought through a slew of mistakes to get past a tough Nevada team. The Wolf Pack started out the scoring with a two-yard Kendall Brock touchdown run, and Cody Fajardo ran for a three-yard touchdown and threw a four-yard scoring play to Brandon Wimberly, but the Cougars held on late.
- BYU committed 14 penalties for 142 yards, and Nevada committed four penalties for 25 yards.
- Nevada QB Cody Fajardo completed 23-of-33 passes for 259 yards and a score with a pick.
- BYU RB Jamaal Williams ran 15 times for 219 yards and a score.
- BYU QB Taysom Hill completed 14-of-18 passes for 98 yards and two touchdowns, and he ran 26 times for 154 yards and a score.
San Diego State …
at UNLV 45, San Diego State 19
Basically … San Diego State’s Colin Lockett scored less than a minute into the game on a 39-yard touchdown catch, and then UNLV opened up the scoring with 31 straight on the way to a 45-13 lead with Caleb Herring throwing five touchdown passes and running for another. Devante Davis caught touchdown passes from five, ten, 63 and six yards way, and Marcus Sullivan caught a 32-yard scoring play. The Aztecs scored late on a 71-yard Tim Vizzi punt return.
- UNLV QB Caleb Herring completed 20-of-30 passes for 270 yards and five scores, and he ran nine times for 60 yards and a touchdown.
- San Diego State QB Quinn Kaehler completed 24-of-46 passes for 239 yards and a score with two picks.
- UNLV WR Devante Davis caught eight passes for 171 yards and four scores.
- San Diego State RB Donnel Pumphrey ran 13 times for 87 yards and a touchdown.
Utah State …
at Utah State 35, Wyoming 7
Basically … Utah State clinched its spot in the Mountain West title game with a 35-0 lead going into the fourth helped by two Darell Garretson touchdown passes and a 64-yard punt return for a score from Bruce Natson. Wyoming finally got on the board in the fourth on a 60-yard Dominic Rufran touchdown catch, but it was way too late. The Cowboys finished with just 190 yards of total offense.
- Utah State QB Darell Garretson completed 20-of-29 passes for 156 yards and three scores with a pick.
- Wyoming QB Brett Smith completed 16-of-29 passes for 162 yards and a score with a pick.
- Utah State RB Joey DeMartino ran 20 times for 112 yards and a score.
- Wyoming ran 29 times for 28 yards.