Fiu, Cirminiello, Mitchell on TV - Campus Insiders |
Buy College Football Tickets
MAC Week 14 Roundup & Breakdown
2013 MAC Fearless Predictions, Roundup & Standings
2013 MAC - Week 14
Week 14 Conference Roundup
Want more college football talk? For
more breakdowns and analysis, go to CampusInsiders.com
Akron … Toledo
at Akron 31, Toledo 29
Basically … Akron got three touchdown passes from Kyle Pohl and a two-yard scoring run from Jawon Chisolm on the way to a 31-17 lead, but the D had to hold on in the final moments. Bernard Reedy caught a 28-yard touchdown pass late in the fourth, and Marc Remy scored from three points out with under a minute to play to pull the Rockets within two, but Akron’s Bryce Cheek broke up a two-point conversion try and the Zips recovered the onside kick to hang on.
- Akron QB Kyle Pohl completed 18-of-29 passes for 259 yards and three scores
- Toledo QB Terrence Owens completed 16-of-33 passes for 158 yards and three scores.
- Toledo RB Marc Remy ran 16 times for 103 yards and a score, and Kareem Hunt ran 19 times for 103 yards.
- Akron averaged 8.6 yards per throw. Toledo averaged 4.8 yards per try.
Ball State …
at Ball State 55, Miami University 14
Basically … Keith Wenning threw six touchdown passes overall with three to Jamil Smith from ten, ten and six yards out, and highlighted by a 72-yarder to Jordan Williams on the way to a 35-0 halftime lead. MU came up with a 58-yard Dawan Scott touchdown pass and a three-yard Austin Gearing score, but the Cardinals kept on rolling with a 75-yard touchdown catch from Williams.
- Ball State WR Jamil Smith caught seven passes for 127 yards and three scores. Jordan Williams caught five passes for 161 yards and two touchdowns, and Willie Snead caught 11 passes for 133 yards and a score.
- Miami QB Drew Kummer completed 4-of-13 passes for 93 yards with a score.
- Miami turned the ball over three times and was outgained 585 yards to 281
- Ball State QB Keith Wenning completed 27-of-33 passes for 445 yards and six scores.
Bowling Green ...
Bowling Green 24, at Buffalo 7
Basically … Bowling Green won the MAC West scoring 21 unanswered points in the second half on a 23-yard Shaun Joplin touchdown catch and touchdown runs from Travis Greene and Matt Johnson. Buffalo took a 7-3 lead on a two-yard Branden Oliver touchdown run, but the offense fizzled the rest of the way.
- Bowling Green WR Shaun Joplin caught six passes for 149 yards and a score.
- Buffalo RB Branden Oliver ran 18 times for 46 yards and a score.
- Buffalo finished with 236 yards of total offense, finishing with 15 rushing yards on 24 carries.
- Bowling Green QB Matt Johnson completed 11-of-26 passes for 230 yards and a score with a pick, and he ran ten times for 72 yards and a touchdown.
Central Michigan …
at Central Michigan 42, Eastern Michigan 10
Basically … Central Michigan got touchdown runs from Zurlon Tipton from four, one, 86 and 44 yards away, and Courtney Williams returned the opening kickoff of the second half for a touchdown on the way to an easy win. The Chippewas scored the first 21 points of the game before EMU got on the board with a 24-yard Dylan Mulder field goal and a ten-yard Cole Gardner catch before the end of the first half. The D finished things off with a 75-yard pick six from Avery Cunningham.
- Central Michigan RB Zurlon Tipton ran 20 times for 216 yards and four scores
- Eastern Michigan RB Bronson Hill ran 25 times for 166 yards
- The two teams combined for 12 penalties and five turnovers
- Eastern Michigan WR Dustin Creel caught ten passes for 109 yards
at Ohio 51, Massachusetts 23
Basically … Ohio’s offense rolled in a turnover-plagued game getting up 31-10 at halftime highlighted by a 66-yard Travis Carrie interception return for a score and a 50-yard Beau Blankenship run. UMass made it interesting in the second half with Tajae Sharpe catching a 38-yard touchdown pass, and with Brendon Levengood kicking two field goals, but Ohio had control throughout.
- The two teams combined for seven turnovers and 14 penalties.
- Ohio RB Beau Blankenship ran 13 times for 124 yards and a score.
- Ohio defensive back Travis Carrie picked off two passes taking one 66 yards for a touchdown and the other 30 yards for a score.
- Massachusetts RB Shadrach Abrokwa ran 31 times for 110 yards and a score.
Northern Illinois …
at Northern Illinois 33, Western Michigan 14
Basically … Jordan Lynch set the NCAA record for the most rushing yards in a game by a quarterback with 321, scoring from 29, 36 and 37 yards away as part of a 27 point run to break the game open. Lynch found Juwan Brescacin for a ten-yard touchdown late in the first quarter, but Western Michigan answered with a one-yard Dareyon Chance run. The Broncos didn’t get back on the board until late in the fourth on a one-yard Antoin Scriven run.
- Northern Illinois QB Jordan Lynch completed 5-of-17 passes for 39 yards with a score, and he ran 27 times for 321 yards and three touchdowns.
- Western Michigan RB Dareyon Chance led the team with 34 rushing yards on 13 carries with a score.
- Northern Illinois averaged 7.9 yards per run, Western Michigan averaged 2.7
- Western Illinois averaged 5.1 yards per pass, Northern Illinois averaged 2.3