Fiu, Cirminiello, Mitchell on TV - Campus Insiders |
Buy College Football Tickets
C-USA Week 14 Roundup & Breakdown
2013 Conference USA Fearless Predictions, Game Stories, Game of the Week, Player of the Week, Roundup & Standings
2013 C-USA - Week 14
Week 14 Conference Roundup
Want more college football talk? For
more breakdowns and analysis, go to CampusInsiders.com
East Carolina … Marshall
Marshall 59, at East Carolina 28
Basically … Marshall grabbed the East title by coming out hot and never letting it become a game scoring the first 24 points helped by short touchdown runs from Devon Johnson and Rakeem Cato along with a three-yard Gator Hoskins scoring grab. Johnson ran for another score and took a pass 52 yards for a touchdown, and Cato ran for another touchdown to close out a 21-point second half run that made it a blowout. East Carolina got two touchdowns from Vintavious Cooper, but the offense turned it over three times and failed to keep up.
- Marshall QB Rakeem Cato completed 17-of-28 passes for 272 yards and two touchdowns with a pick, and he ran five times for six yards and two scores.
- East Carolina QB Shane Carden completed 29-of-52 passes for 291 yards and three picks, and he ran three times for 14 yards and a touchdown.
- East Carolina RB Vintavious Cooper ran 20 times for 93 yards and two scores, and he caught five passes for 31 yards.
- Marshall RB Essray Taliaferro ran 26 times for 161 yards
Florida Atlantic …
at Florida Atlantic 21, FIU 6
Basically … FAU got three touchdown passes from Jaquez Johnson to three different receivers, hitting Nexon Dorvilus for an 11-yard touchdown in the first quarter and Alex Deleon for a 23-yard score in the third to put it away. William Dukes took a pass 59 yards for an Owl touchdown late in the first. FIU’s only points came on Austin Taylor field goals from 35 and 43 yards out.
- Florida Atlantic QB Jaquez Johnson completed 10-of-19 passes for 218 yards and three scores with a pick, and he ran 17 times for 64 yards
- FAU turned it over three times, FIU didn’t turn it over but converted just 1-of-13 third down chances.
- FIU QB Jake Medlock completed 7-of-21 passes for 56 yards before getting hurt. E.J. Hilliard stepped in to complete 4-of-6 passes for 33 yards.
- Florida Atlantic RB Damian Fortner ran 19 times for 100 yards
Louisiana Tech … UTSA
at UTSA 30, Louisiana Tech 10
Basically … UTSA overcame mistakes by starting out well with Eric Soza throwing a 31-yard touchdown pass to Jarveon Williams and running for a 20-yard score. Louisiana Tech’s D got back in the game with a 27-yard Adairius Barnes interception return for a score, but the offense didn’t get into the end zone. Sean Ianno hit three field goals for the Roadrunners, who scores 13 unanswered points.
- UTSA committed 11 penalties for 83 yards and turned it over three times.
- Louisiana Tech QB Scotty Young completed 13-of-24 passes for 80 yards with a pick.
- UTSA had the ball for 38:17, Louisiana Tech had it for 21:43
- UTSA RB Evans Okotcha ran 26 times for 109 yards and a score.
Middle Tennessee …
at Middle Tennessee 48, UTEP 17
Basically … Middle Tennessee scored the first 24 points helped by a ten-yard Jeremiah Bryson touchdown run and a 21-yard Marcus Henry scoring grab. UTEP broke up the scoring run with a three-yard Nathan Jeffery dash, but the Blue Raiders responded with a 25-yard Tavarres Jefferson on the way to a 41-7 lead, close out with a six-yard Bryson run early in the third.
- Middle Tennessee Jeremiah Bryson ran 15 times for 120 yards and two scores.
- UTEP RB Nathan Jeffery ran 20 times for 140 yards and two scores.
- Total Yards: Middle Tennessee 629 – UTEP 299
- Middle Tennessee QB Logan Kilgore completed 19-of-27 passes for 325 yards and two touchdowns with a pick.
Southern Miss …
Southern Miss 62, at UAB 27
Basically … Southern Miss got its first win of the year by capitalizing on a sloppy day from UAB, exploding for 49 second half points with Nick Mullens finishing with five touchdown passes to five different receivers and Kendrick Hardy running for two scores. UAB moved the ball, but it turned the ball over five times with four fumbles. UAB’s Jonathan Perry threw two touchdown passes to Jamarcus Nelson from 48 and 21 yards away.
- UAB turned it over five times and committed 11 penalties for 98 yards
- Southern Miss QB Nick Mullens completed 24-of-39 passes for 370 yards and five scores with a pick
- Southern Miss RB Kendrick Hardy ran 20 times for 106 yards and two scores.
- UAB WR Jamarcus Nelson caught five passes for 117 yards and two scores.
North Texas …
North Texas 42, at Tulsa 10
Basically … Brandin Byrd ran wild for North Texas with touchdown runs from ten, 91 and two yards out as part of a run of 35 unanswered points. Tulsa held a 10-7 lead with the defense coming through with a 97-yard fumble return for a score from Will Barrow, but that was it. The offense was stuffed all game long, and the defense was run over for 377 yards with Antoinne Jimmerson adding touchdown runs from 12 and 31 yards for the Mean Green.
- North Texas RB Brandin Byrd ran 26 times for 251 yards and three scores, and Antoinne Jimmerson ran 12 times for 85 yards and two scores.
- Tulsa RB Trey Watts ran 19 times for 114 yards.
- Total Yards: North Texas 550, Tulsa 236
- North Texas QB Derek Thompson completed 17-of-26 passes for 173 yards with a pick.
Rice … Tulane
at Rice 17, Tulane 13
Basically … Rice won the West and is off to play Marshall for the Conference USA title as Jawon Davis ran for a 16-yard score and Turner Peterson caught a 19-yard touchdown pass. The Owls dominated the game, but it needed several late stops as the Green Wave scored ten unanswered points with Devon Breaux catching a 13-yard touchdown pass and Cairo Santos hitting his second field goal on the day.
- Tulane converted one of 14 third down tries and gained six first downs.
- Tulane rushing: 21 times for 26 yards
- Rice QB Taylor McHargue completed 14-of-28 passes for 180 yards and a score
- Rice had the ball for 39:51, and Tulane had it for just over 20 minutes.