2009 Off-Season Roundup
The News Stories You Need To Know ... May 1
* Congrats to the newest inductees into the College Football Hall
of Fame, with Heisman Trophy winners Tim Brown and Gino Torretta
headlining the 16-player class. It's unclear what Torretta will wear
into the hall: a Miami jersey or Alabama cleat marks.
* And congratulations to Trev Alberts, who has been named the new
athletic director at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I have no
sarcastic comment about this, but we bet Mark May might.
* Here's one good reason for Mark Sanchez to defy Pete Carroll's
wishes and enter the NFL draft early: Matthew Stafford now makes
more money than Tom Brady. (But probably less money than Tom Brady's
* Just when you thought the U.S. military was moving away from
long-term engagements in faraway lands: Navy has signed an agreement
to appear in the 2013 Armed Forces Bowl in Texas.
* Steve Spurrier admits that things haven't gone as smoothly as
he would like during his South Carolina tenure: "We've not been
terrible, but we've not achieved a bunch... that's just a little
above mediocrity, just a little above average." So that's what
they call fifty point losses to Florida around those parts: "just a
little above average."
121 days and counting...
Hall of Fame
MSN Privacy Legal Advertise on MSN About our ads RSS
© 2013 Microsoft |